Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Start of Something Big

They all say you have to start somewhere, right? Maybe this shall be the beginning of the next big thing...ME.

Here's the low-down.
Imagine you've spent your life reading about baseball, playing baseball, striving to be #1 at baseball, having others recognize your talent at baseball. You know you could make Babe Ruth look like a 5 year-old T-Ball player. However, right as it came time for you step onto that baseball diamond and prove your greatness...baseball collapses and you get an offer to play hockey...and you hate hockey. Welcome to my world.

I'm sure there are thousands of people out there that feel the same way. I can't be alone in this, but it is just as frustrating nevertheless. Or, maybe it's just my ambition that has me down, like a car stuck in the mud with a big V-8 engine revving trying to get somewhere but just gets bogged down further the harder it tries. Graduating in the middle of a recession was the worst of bad luck, for sure, but I'm determind to make big things happen for myself.

So what's this blog about?
Since my job is about as mentally stimulating as listening to the guy from the Visine commercials (...dry eyes? Try Clear Eyes...) - and I'm a nice pair of Gucci square-tipped dress-shoes operating in an environment of scuffed-up Red Wing boots - this is going to be my place to express my ideas, talk about business happenings, business as it relates to politics (I know, touchy subject), pop culture and what business can learn from it (Britney Spears anyone?)...anything that is an exercise to my mind. Think of it as the aforementioned baseball-turned-hockey players baseball blog. You may see anything from an ideas stemming from an inspirational Paula Abdul tweet (you can follow her at @paulaabdul on Twitter), to rants about American business after a ride in a Chevy Cobalt rental car (feel the love for old GM already?). I may also include special blogs entitled - If Ross Were Boss - on what I would do if I were president. It could be a bumpy ride, so fasten your safety belts.

What can you do?
Read? Yep, that's it. You can also follow me @rossbynum on Twitter, e-mail me at the link below, or add me on Linked-In. Oh, and if you happen to like all this, you can always check out my resume'. But hey, if all else fails I'll just be on The Apprentice next season. No joke, I had a phone interview last week. Long-shot but stranger things have happened.

ross_bynum@yahoo.com

1 comment: